10 Things I've Been Loving Lately!
Here are several things I've been loving lately!
(in no particular order)...
1. Painting my nails & experimenting with nail art - during the first 6 months of the year, I wasn't painting my nails as much, as I was trying to prevent staining because I was going to have natural nails for my wedding - however, 2 weeks before the wedding, my nails starting breaking (argh!) and I had to get acrylics :( However, when on our honeymoon in Canada, I stocked up on polishes and here I am again - with time to paint my nails and try new things with my nail brushes and nail art! It must be working, because I'm getting quite a few compliments :)
2. Bargain shopping - Last weekend, we went to the Gold Coast for a weekend away with my family...the boys 'convinced' Mum and I to go to the shops - well, Mum and I found some great bargains together! I found some L.A. Girl Disco Brites polishes, a lip colour remover (for long wear lipsticks), coconut shampoo and conditioner (yum!) and 2 hair masks :)
3. Being an enabler (lol) - Since I've gotten into nail polish a couple of years ago, none of my friends share the same interests, and they don't really understand my obsession! However, in the past few months, my friends have been noticing the polish that I'm wearing and asking lots of questions! So far, I've 'enabled' three friends to start their own nail polish collection :) Love it!!
4. Vouchers & coupons - There a lots of sites floating around the internet with cheap vouchers/coupons for meals, body treatments, courses etc...and I've joined a couple! I've bought meal deals, manicure/pedicure and just yesterday, I had a massage, facial and eye treatments...it was amazing! Such a cheap way to relax :)
5. Swatching nail polishes - Since buying all my new polishes in Canada, I've had some swatching to do! So relaxing and I love seeing how the polishes look like out of the bottle! (I've even started a new swatching method with the round palettes)
6. Words with Friends - If you have an iPhone and haven't checked this out, it's great! It's like Scrabble but you play against your friends that have the same app!
7. Hanging with Friends - Same concept as Words with Friends, however, it's Hangman :)
8. Finding new polish blogs - Lately, I've been reading so many polish blogs!! I've found some great ones, that update frequently (it motivates me to write more blogs!). I love looking at all the pictures and there is so much inspiration for me to try new things :) It's amazing to see the talent some people have :)
9. Splurging on pretty shoes - Now, I've never been a 'shoe girl' - I'd rather buy polishes or books, however my sister-in-law, bought new, expensive heels and they were so pretty! (Now who is the enabler! Lol) I splurged and bought a few pairs of gorgeous heels :) One pair of bright blue suede heels, a pair of light emerald heels and a pair of stone/beige wedges!! Beautiful!
10. TV shows - It's that time of year again! All of my favourite TV shows are back on air! Also, I've gotten hooked on the Kardashian show + spinoffs! Silly I know, but oh so funny! Lol.
I'd love to hear your comments and let me know what you've been loving lately!!
Any requests for blog topics, I'd love to hear too!