Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Book review: Marley and Me by John Grogan


Marley and Me: Life and Love with the 
Word's Worst Dog

Are you a dog lover? Are you a sucker for stories that involve feel-good moments? Well then, Marley and Me is for you!!

If you have ever owned a dog, or any pet for that matter, or you are just an animal person, you need to read this book! It made me laugh, cry and laugh and cry some more!


Marley and Me is the story of a neurotic Labrador dog, who causes mayhem and destruction wherever he goes! I don't feel the need to explain the story, but if you are interested, read the blurb ------->>>>


Marley and Me is a true story about the relationship between John Grogan (yes, the author!) and his Labrador, Marley. The way that John Grogan writes makes you feel as if you are there with him, experiencing every moment of Marley's madness! Man's best friend really can be a dog!

I loved the fact that this book was so easy to read, simple and wonderful.  This is definitely a family-orientated book, with different versions of the book available, including a picture book!

Beware: you will cry!!! You will laugh! You will shake your head at Marley's antics! There is no other dog like Marley...

3 comments:

  1. This book looks awesome K! Definitely going to my reading list, I love books that make you feel so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this post?? I think everyone has read this book but me. I can't bring myself to read it or go to the movie, although I know it's an awesome story. Usually I avoid any type of animal story/movie. I just know I'll cry my eyes out!! Of course, your blogpost makes me tempted. Sounds like you really loved it. :-) I'll let you know if I get up the nerve. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will cry but it's a good cry. You'll get sucked in and you'll become part of the book. It's really amazing.

    ReplyDelete